Monday, May 17, 2010

Class is in Session

So here I am. I just turned 24 two days ago and I am in the library at my school attempting to study for the final exam I am supposed to take in 2 hours 14 minutes... As you could probably tell, I am not being very successful, but you can't blame me! I have a lot on my mind.

You see, I am getting married in about 129 days to the only man I've ever loved and I couldn't be happier. However, I am a wee bit stressed because I have papers to write, finals to study for, invitations to make, the dress to pay for, a photographer to book, bills to pay, and on top of it all, I have no money. お金じゃない!

But it's okay! I just landed a job last week (after losing my old one about 3 months ago) and I start in June... "but Red! That's still 2 weeks away! However are you gonna do anything?" you ask? Well, um... I don't know yet, but my man has a job and he's been semi-successful in supporting the two of us for the last 3 months, so... life shouldn't be too painful for the next two weeks. We just gotta get through it.

But yeah, getting engaged, losing my only means of income, working like mad so I can graduate, and having to deal with debt (a lot of it) has made me realize that being an adult, while having its high points, is actually pretty darned hard. When I was a youngster I used to look at "old" people and think "pshh, I can do that!" Little did I know...

Anywho... I just wanted to get this thing started. It's a simple post, and its sole purpose was to clear my mind and get some of the things I was thinking about written out so I could concentrate on studying for my test... which is 1 hour 54 minutes from now... YAY!

Signing off
Red

No comments:

Post a Comment